Adored for being home to some rare creatures and mesmerizing tourist destinations in the world, Australia is known as a “land of dreams”. This most favored tourist location enjoys being pride host to world renowned iconic sites and unmatchable beauty. Australia is a vibrant country having captivating contrasts, vibrant cities, vast sand islands, ancient rainforests, and the most fearful Great Barrier Reef natural wonders. If you are planning to holiday in Australia, don’t forget to take this tourist guide with you that lists the must-see Australian attractions.
- Sydney Opera House: Sydney’s Opera House is one of the most admired tourist place. Opera house forms a huge architecture that seems like billowing sails. It is located ate the Bennelong Point in Sydney and is listed in top the list of World Heritage Sites of UNESCO for being a great architectural world icon. This strikingly beautiful architecture is surrounded by water on the three sides and is bordered by Royal Botanic Gardens to its south. The building houses a range of theaters, studio, cinema, exhibition hall, and concert hall.
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park: This is planet’s largest living structure that ranks highest among the World Heritage. Visible from the outer space, the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park was established in view to preserve the unusual ecosystems having around huge number of live coral reefs, coral cays, continental islands, inshore mangrove islands and Whitsunday group. This one of the seven wonders of the natural world is spread across 2,300 kilometers and lies next to the state of Queensland that is located at the Australian east coast. Major attractions and tourist activities include snorkeling, diving with marine creatures including soft and hard corals, a wide array of tropical fish, sharks, dugongs, rays, dolphins, turtles, and giant clams. The reef can also be viewed from underwater viewing stations and glass bottom boats.
- Uluru or Ayers Rock: Ayers Rock, also popularly known as Uluru among the largest monoliths worldwide, is one of the most loved tourist attraction. This huge sandstone formation stands more than 1,100 feet high at Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. This amazing and mystical rock changes its colors while at sunset that dramatically change and exhibit a range of vibrant colors including terra cotta, violet blue, and red. The Anangu, a local Aboriginal tribe, consider this rock as a sacred site.
- Fraser Island: Fraser Island in Queensland is famous for its far spread sand dunes, rainforests, freshwater lakes and colored sand cliffs. It is the largest sand island across the globe popular for pure and pious dingoes. This distinguished attraction can be accessed by reaching there through a ferry from Hervey Bay.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge: Sydney Harbour Bridge is astonishing tourist attractions in Australia. Affectionately known as “the Coathanger” for its incomparable construction, this is the largest steel arch bridge in the world that spirals 134 meters above the harbor. Spread across 500 meters and constituting a pedestrian path besides two railway lines extending over it, and eight lanes for accommodating the road traffic, this marvelous architecture allows traffic switching in each lane for smooth traffic flow.
- Melbourne: It is Australia’s second largest city and an embraced tourist attraction on the Yarra River. It consists of a range of other tourist attractions such as galleries, theaters, shops, and restaurants with unusual European ambience. One third part of this green city spans across the gardens, parks, and open spaces. The Federation Square, National Gallery of Victoria, Royal Botanic Gardens, and Melbourne Cricket Ground are the major city highlights of this place.
- Blue Mountains National Park: Blue Mountains Nation Park is one of the widely popular UNESCO World Heritage Site spanned across 81 kilometers to the west Sydney. The blue haze alienated form the eucalyptus trees has given the name to this attraction. This vast spread national park protects a huge wilderness of over 664,000 acres that primitive rock paintings, breathtaking gorges, and wonderful waterfalls beside 140 kilometers of hiking trails. You can also view a rock formation with towering sandstone named as Three Sisters, world’s steepest, Katoomba Scenic Railway Skyway, picture-perfect Cableway, and beautiful Walkway.
You would love rock climbing, hiking, mountain biking, abseiling, and horseback riding in the park.
- Bondi Beach: You can reach Bondi Beach from the city center within 15 minutes by car. This irresistible beach accommodates the oldest surf life-saving clubs in the world and makes a great place for tourist to take a seaside stroll while witnessing large crowds in the season of Christmas and the New Year.
Visit Farebirds.com for more information and book cheap flights tickets to grab fascinating deals to save most out of your travel cost.