Curls are beautiful to look at. But most girls blessed with natural curls are often found to complain about it. The most pertinent issue for curly hair seems to be its maintenance. Curls often become dry and frizzy. It tends to entangle easily. But all can be managed with the right technique.
This blog is dedicated to all naturally curly heads. Here are some tips that you can follow to manage your beautiful curls. And in no time be prepared to fall in love with your natural or permed curls again.
How to wash curly hair?
Curly hair needs to be washed properly. Most curly heads lack the patience of washing their hair thoroughly from inside. As the curls tend to tangle at the roots, often the roots remain unclean and that in turn damages the hair from within.
So follow these important steps when you go for your next hair wash:
- Wet your hair thoroughly
- Keep it soaked for a few minutes. Soaking your hair wet will allow the water to moisten the roots and in turn, make it easier to shampoo.
- Once the hair is thoroughly wet, take a mild shampoo and smother it between your palms. Form a rich lather first.
- Now work your way down to the length of the hair starting from the top going to the bottom of your hair length.
- Massage your hair slowly using fingertips. Now rinse off.
- The second time takes some more shampoo and forms a rich lather. Now focus on the roots of your hair. This time you will find that the shampoo is able to penetrate the hair thickness easily as it is cleaned and lost the layer of oil.
- Massage the scalp lightly with your figure tips and rinse off with clean water.
The post shampoo care for curly hair is equally important. Do not skip any of the steps mentioned here.
- After shampooing your hair wrap your head with a soft and absorbent towel for almost 15-20 minutes,
- Now detangle your hair using your figures very lightly. Let the clumps stay. Do not comb it now.
- Apply some eave on conditioner or serum best suited for your hair type. Focus on the hair clumps. Each hair strand does not need a serum. Scrunch up your hair as you put the conditioner or serum.
- Massage the serum or conditioner through the length of your hair. Let it dry naturally.
- Even if you have to use a hair dryer, do so very carefully. Keep the temperature to the minimum level.
- Once the hair is dry, brush it with a wide toothed comb only. Often if you want loose curls, brushing can be avoided altogether. Instead, use styling products or serum to form natural curls.
- Wash curly hair not very often unless you reside in an extremely polluted localities
- Use hair styling products. Choose organic beauty products. Aloe Vera gel can be used as a natural hair gel.
- Do not brush your curls when absolutely dry. This causes static charge in your hair and makes it unruly.
- Do not apply hair care products on dry hair. Even if you want to use it when your hair is hair is dry, moisten your hair with water and then apply the products in damp hair.
- Always scrunch up your hair once you apply the hair care products. This will allow the natural bonding of your hair into thick curls.
Each curly hair type is different. You must first find out the type of curls you have. This will make the care routine much easier and effective. Your curls are vulnerable. Any things that you overdue to your curls will make it loose its natural shape. Thus curly hair care routine is always based on the dimension of curls that you have. Always try to maintain the natural fall of your hair and do not over brush it. Detangle your curls only once you shampoo or apply oil. Using a hard comb to detangle the hair will make it loose its natural dimension.
Thus, curly hair is naturally beautiful. You just have to make use of the right technique to take care of your hair. Keep the above points in minds and be prepared to get compliments for your curls often.