Vastu Shastra, plays a very important role in terms of the arrangement of everything inside one’s home and to ensure maximum positive effects for the home’s inhabitants certain guidelines should be followed as the correct placement can fill the home with positive energy that invites health, wealth and happiness whereas a wrong one can bring negativity so it is through proper guidance one can generate positive energy that spreads throughout your home. According to Vastu, pooja rooms should always harness a multitude of energies through mandir design and direction. Vastu consultation for a Pooja room in your house involves thorough analysis. Many times it happens that due to the space constraints, many people tend to ignore a separate pooja room but we must give utmost importance to make a place for GOD, a prayer zone to derive spiritual benefit for the entire family.
The process of designing your house can be very stressful and if you connect with expert designers they will help you to get a better version of your vision. The website is one such destination providing excellent service with most experienced professionals and guaranteed savings with Urbanclap Promocode. Nearly every Indian household has a mandir at home but have you ever wondered why some give out good vibe as soon as you enter, while others don’t? Well the difference could be due to Vastu Shastra as the ancient system of Indian architecture prescribes some very useful tips for designing a perfect pooja room.
The epicenter of positive energy in your home which is also the zone of tranquility is the Pooja Room. A place which brings us closer to our Creator. Since the pooja room is a place of worship and supposed to be peaceful and meditative it should not be near the main entrance as that is the busiest area of any household.
Construction and placement of your Pooja room: Compared to the rest of the rooms in your house the pooja room should have a low ceiling which will aid in creating a positive atmosphere, So go in for a pyramid-shaped or gopura-like top and as per vastu a Threshold (dahleez) to the pooja room also helps greatly to keep ants and other insects out of the sacred place.
The temple should be made of marble or wood and is advised to avoid temples made from glass or acrylic and do not place it directly on the floor. Prefer to keep it on a raised platform or pedestal.
- The best direction of the pooja room should be in the East or Northeast corner of the house. However Special poojas can be performed in the centre of the house.(Brahmasthana)
- Never place your pooja in the south.
- Avoid positioning the pooja room under a staircase or against the wall of a bathroom for the fact that the bathroom area has the maximum negativity and it is considered to be inauspicious.
- For a good and healthy flow of positive energy always keep your pooja neat and clean and clutter free and always filled with light.
- Usage of copper vessels for your pooja is considered auspicious, especially where water is collected. The Deepak, lamp and Agni kund should be in the southeast direction as this direction is traditionally considered the position for a fire in Vastu Shastra.
- As your pooja room is an oasis of calm and positivism for the best well-being of your house design the pooja room on the ground floor as basements and upper floors are not meant for the mandir.
- There should be only one pooja room in the home.
- While offering prayers remember to sit on a low stool or seat and you sit at an angle that you face east while praying. All the deities in the pooja room must not face each other or the door. This is very important that you don’t have to place idols in 2 or 3 walls instead keep it simple on one wall
- The auspicious colours for your pooja room can be White, light yellow or light blue as light colors reflect light thus enhancing the bright and well-lit look of a space.
- Placing of any broken idols or pictures of the deceased or paintings depicting violence do not belong in your pooja room.
- The flooring for the place of worship is usually done in white marble.
- In order to store all your religious books, lamps and pooja related items, Storage should always point towards the south east and not above the idols
- Though it is not recommended to keep idols in the worship room but if one wishes to keep, then ensure that the height of the idol should not be more than 9″and less than 2”.
Now that we have highlighted several dos and don’ts that need to be followed to invite positive vibes into your home, it’s time to revamp your sacred space and advisable to also consult a Vastu professional to get every element right for you to experience the positive energy that invites health, wealth and happiness into your home.