The travel season is about to start and before you book your tickets to fly off to have a great vacation, think differently. Instead of opting for a chilled out, relaxing getaway, how about you spend your time off to learn something new? Did you know that you could attain a skill while you are on holiday in certain places? Learn and gain knowledge in the best way possible at these beautiful and best places in India. Whether it is surfing in Gokarna or pottery in Jaipur, your week-long vacation will stay with you for a lifetime. Not just because they are known for their scenic beauty, but also because you will learn something that school didn’t teach you. So browse through the list, book cheap flights and travel to these places in India to learn some incredible new things!
- SKIING IN GULMARG: Known as one of the prettiest places in the country, Gulmarg is a stunning valley and one of the best places in India to learn the art of skiing. The fancy adventure sport that takes us to the Swiss Alps can also be done in our own country as well. A crash course of about a week is all you need to call yourself a skier. The snow-capped mountains and the chance to ski is something that not many get so just grab it. In fact, the region is so gorgeous that it’s undoubtedly among the places to visit in India before you die!
- POTTERY CLASS IN JAIPUR: Apart from being one of the most beautiful places in India to visit, the Pink City is all about handicrafts and going back to our traditional roots. So when in this gorgeous city, make sure you enroll yourself for a quick pottery class, after you’re done hogging on all the delicious food, of course. These sessions are no more than an hour or 2 long and what you are left with are beautiful pots that are your own creations. Thereby, Jaipur is one of the best places in India to learn this beautiful art.
- VOLUNTEERING IN LADAKH: If you have watched the Bollywood movie 3 Idiots, the dream of teaching children is probably pretty real. And it is possible! Become a voluntourist instead of just zooming around on your bikes there. Teach kids, help rebuild the houses of the locals, take care of the animals, help them graze, and so much more. And in turn, they will show you around and make sure your trip is all worth it.
- SCUBA DIVING IN THE ANDAMANS: If our Bollywood actors can do it, so can you! Head to the mystic and scenic islands of Andaman and Nicobar to dive into the ocean and make new friends under the sea. Scuba diving may look scary and daunting, but in reality, it will make you fearless. It’s a skill and an achievement that you can’t help but show off. A skill that is a life saver! Andaman Islands are the ideal places in India to learn this incredible skill.
- SURFING IN GOKARNA: Another foreign concept, surfing has now increasingly becoming popular in our country as well. Hit the waves and while you’re at it, become a pro. Take surfing classes at Gokarna, tick it off your bucket list and just chill on the beach with some yummy seafood later. Alternatively, Goa is also among the best places in India to learn surfing if Gokarna seems too low-key for your taste. Whatever your ultimate choice, they are both great places to visit in India with family as well as friends.
- RAPPELLING IN HIMACHAL: There are rappelling camps in almost every city in the country but if you want the authentic experience and want to genuinely learn something for life, head to the Himalayas. Mussoorie has some mountaineering schools which are the best places in India to learn rescue operations, rock climbing, rappelling, and other such exciting stuff, and these programs are around 4-day long, ones that the whole family can be part of.
- KALARIPAYATTU IN KERALA: This traditional form of art found in God’s Own Country will help you hone your defense skills and strength. It’s always been perceived as a male-oriented form of martial arts but lately, women have shown great inclination for it as well. If you are heading down south any time soon, book a session and get ready to roll. Kerala is among the best and prime places in India to learn this remarkable Indian martial art. This is one among many reasons why India should be on every traveler’s bucket list!
Just let go of all those business class flights and those strict meetings that have taken up a lot of your time. Go for some and make some sudden plans to this place and let yourself cross the rules that you have set for yourself. Make the most of this time and come out of your stress. Holidaying isn’t a bad thing really. You deserve it.
We hope you found this article useful and if you did then do not forget to like, comment and share this article with everyone you know. Adios!