Being invited to a wedding means two people who are having one of the most important days of their lives consider you important enough to be present on this auspicious occasion. Don’t you think it’s your responsibility to dress up in a way that you look glamorous?
An obvious answer to this, especially for women, would be a yes. A wedding is a celebration of uniting of two hearts, families and souls so you might want to wear something that goes with it. Something that gives out a happy and cheerful message just by your attire. So choosing a wedding witness dress is just as difficult as choosing a bride’s dress.
On the one hand, you need to seem a bit romantic but not inappropriate to the theme. Also, try to find something simple which has simple cuts and designs. This can prevent any wear and tear due to dancing or any such activities.
Most Basic Do’s and Don’ts
- Very first thing is you don’t need to see white as an option. It is out of bounds for the guests as generally, the bride gets the privilege of wearing white. You might not want to steal her thunder by going in a white dress and confusing the guests who the real bride is.
- Read the invitation very carefully to understand the theme and look for any dress code or rules related to it. You don’t want to be the odd one out in the crowd because of the fact that you were ignorant enough not to pay attention to the details.
- Cover your shoulders or choose a dress with full sleeves if the wedding is taking place in a church as a sign of respect. So a light jacket, shawl or stole would do the work. If you are going for the jacket, don’t take a bulky and heavy one into consideration as it will cover your dress and will be of no point.
- Feel free to wear black. The world is changing, and so is the viewpoint. The color which was considered a color for doom and negativity is now considered the color elegance and grace.
- Wear comfortable footwear. Women prefer heels, but dancing in those can prove to be difficult. So choose comfortable and less elevated shoes so that you can party hard rather than thinking about the pain you keep going through because of the high heels.
Everyone goes through this dilemma of choosing just the perfect dress for the wedding whether it be bridesmaids or just guests. These points might help you in picking up an option which gives you a certain distinction from the crowd without taking up the charm of the bride from her.
From the article, you must have understood the importance of being a part of the wedding and who doesn’t want to be remembered for their dress at such events. I suppose no one would think otherwise, so be the perfect guest with the wedding witness dress and stand out the evening.