Reading this article on home remedies for sleep apnea can help you find out top natural treatments for one of the most common health problems.
Sleep apnea is known as one of the most popular sleep disorders as a person’s breathing is being interrupted or stopped when sleeping. In fact, this problem can happen in about 10 seconds or even more and reoccur lots of times per night.
Causes of Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea can be triggered by narrowed or blocked airway in the mouth, throat and nose. It is also due to the brains which do not succeed in transmitting the signals to the breathing muscles.
Under the report of National Sleep Foundation, this problem can a have a negative effect on about 20 million Americans. Children are also more prone to this problem. But, this is found more common in men than women.
Another contributing factor include obesity, over 60 years old, heart issues, narrow throat, frequent consumption of alcohol, excess smoking, sedatives or nasal congestion.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
There are some common signs as well as symptoms of sleep apnea such as excessive sleepiness, improper sleep quality, loud snoring, dry mouth, headache when waking up, attention and insomnia.
If left untreated, sleep apnea can trigger several health problems such as heart diseases, high blood pressure, depression or diabetes. In case you are having sleep apnea, have it treated on time and properly. Apart from conventional treatments, home remedies for sleep apnea can give you a hand.
Following are top natural home remedies for sleep apnea that you should take them into consideration.
Best Home Remedies for Sleep Apnea
One of the most effective home treatments for sleep apnea is honey. Honey is loaded with anti-inflammatory effects which can aid in reducing the swelling around your throat area obstructing the airways. Also, it can lubricate your throat in order to stop the snoring, most common sings of sleep apnea.
The treatment can enhance your relaxation and sleep quality as well. It can keep your body’ weight in check, along with preventing obesity. You should remember that reducing some weight brings about positive outcomes for the cure for sleep apnea.
How to apply:
- Mix a teaspoon of honey with a cup of warm water before sipping it on a daily basis before bedtime.
- Another way is to add a teaspoon of honey as well as black pepper powder to a cup of warm water. Consume the solution before you go to bed.
- So as to lose weight, take in a cup of water with some honey with a half cup of lemon after waking up daily every morning.
Chamomile is another amazing cure for sleep apnea because it is loaded with some chemical products to help relax your nerves and muscles, causing sedation as well as enhance the sleepiness. Besides, its container of anti-inflammatory agents can aid in eliminating the obstruction of your airways leading to snoring.
How to apply:
- Mix about two teaspoons of chamomile with a glass of hot water
- Have it covered and allow it to steep in about 5minutes
- After straining, mix it with some honey and cinnamon powder
- Consume its tea for about 1 hour before bedtime on a daily basis.
Also, you can massage your neck by the combination of massage oil with chamomile and olive oil. Perform the same process for several times per day.
As you might not know about, lavender is a famous home remedy for sleep apnea thanks to its package of sedative, relaxing and soothing effects that can aid in preventing the obstruction of muscles in your throat, hence allow you to enjoy your sleep well.
How to apply:
- Mix several drops of lavender oil with a glass of hot water and then inhale the steam prior to your bedtime
- Or, you can opt for placing some oil over the tissue and place it under the pillow before you go to bed.
- Alternatively, you can choose to mix about two teaspoons of the lavender buds with some hot water. Have it covered and steep in 10 minutes. After straining, add a little honey. Consume the solution for three times each day.
If you are still looking for best home remedies for sleep apnea, then garlic is listed among of them. The reason is its package of anti-inflammatory agents which can assist in reducing the inflammation in your respiratory systems, then, let you breathe easily as sleeping. In addition, garlic is beneficial for alleviating your enlarged tonsils and then stop the snoring.
How to apply:
- Consume up to three garlic cloves with your empty stomach accompanied with a cup of water
- Consume the solution on a daily basis till your inflammation disappears.
- You can also add garlic to your cooling or consume some garlic supplement but talk to your doctor first.
Peppermint is a good home remedy for sleep apnea because it assists in easing the blockage of the airway. Also, the anti-inflammatory agents present in peppermint is powerful in reducing the inflammation, hence, promoting your smoothing breathing.
How to apply:
- Mix several drops of peppermint with a cup of water and gargle it
- Perform the same process every day before bedtime.
Along with those above home remedies for sleep apnea, you should change your present lifestyle habits to aid in promoting your current health condition. I suggest you to read Top 20 Home Remedies for Sleep Apnea and the Ultimate Guide to A Good Sleep
Smile Delivery OnLine Blog’s earlier Post : Good Morning Status For Whatsapp Status And Quotes | Good Morning Messages | Good Morning Image